October 21, 2005

Pho does a body good


Pho Ga (Chicken Pho)

I'm sick again. This is my third or fourth bad cold of the year. I took yesterday off and slept for 15 hours. But I'm not doing my co-workers any favors by coming into work today. It seems that the only thing that really makes me feel better is pho--that magical elixir. I usually like beef, but I prefer chicken when I'm really sick. I like my bowl with lots of chilis, basil, some bean sprouts, cilantro and sriracha chili sauce. No hoisin sauce for me.

2 comments:

Happy A. said...

My fave "you're sick" movie reference follows. I'll buy drinks one night if you can get it right without consulting any references:

Sorry to hear that you're feeling ill.
Heard you had a fever and chill.
But I'm here to restore your luck,
'Cause I'm the nurse who likes to ...

Happy A. said...

Pluck. It should read "pluck."